Preparing your application
To give yourself the best possible chance of securing a job with us, follow our top tips.
- Do your research. Find out as much as possible about us and the housing sector. Take a look at our website and our profiles on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Use this information in your personal statement.
- Make it relevant. Tailor your application to the job description and person specification. When it comes to job applications, one size does not fit all!
- Make it concise and easy to read. Avoid being vague – give specific examples.
- You’re an individual. We want to know what makes you different, so make sure you include specific examples of where you’ve used your skills and experience. This includes any relevant voluntary roles, education, club activities, honours or awards to show that you’re a reliable and responsible person.
- Tell us why you’re interested in this role in particular.
- Fill the gaps. Tell us about any gaps in your employment history.
- Check your spelling. Or ask someone else to proofread your application for you before pasting the text into the online form.