Sixty plus is a free, confidential and flexible support service that can help you remain independent in your own home.
One of our trained care and support workers will visit you in your own home to help you identify what support is right for you. Together, we’ll draw up a personal support plan that will describe how we’ll help you meet your goals. The kind of help that we can provide includes:
- finding and/or maintaining a home
- maximising your income
- getting the right aids and adaptations for your home, home safety and security and arranging repairs
- coping with poor health and/or disability
- general life skills and confidence building
- finding social clubs or ways of meeting people
- and much more!
The service is available to people aged over 60 who live in Nottingham City and need short term support to help them live independently. Although designed to provide short-term support, depending on an individual’s circumstances it can continue for a longer period.
How to access the service
- contact us directly
- ask a friend, family or neighbour to contact us on your behalf
- ask your GP or nurse to refer you to us
- ask your carer, social worker, warden or any other person who supports you to make a referral.
If you would like to make a referral please download the Sixty plus referral form.
For more information call 020 3535 5150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, send a letter to Sixty plus, Metropolitan, Raleigh House, 68–84 Alfreton Road, Nottingham NG7 3NN
The service is funded by Nottingham City Council, which means that you don’t have to pay a penny!