Waltham Forest Home from Hospital service
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from some free support when being discharged from hospital, our Home from Hospital service can help.
Many patients feel anxious about going home after a stay in hospital, especially older people or adults who feel vulnerable. They worry about how they’re going to cope, how they’re going to do the shopping, whether they might fall, how they’ll manage financially if they need to pay for help with cleaning, transport and other daily tasks.
That’s where our ‘home from hospital‘ service comes in. We can take care of all kinds of practical things so you don’t need to worry during those first few weeks back at home after a stay in hospital. What’s more, the service is free so paying for some dedicated support to help you get back on your feet at home is one thing you don’t have to worry about.
It’s not only practical support that many people need, especially those who live alone and don’t have family or friends nearby. After a period in hospital emotional support can make a big difference too as you settle back in at home and get into your daily routine. Our care and support workers can provide a combination of support, depending on what you would find the most useful.
If you think you could benefit from any of the following support, we can help:
- getting settled back in at home
- someone to do the shopping, make a cup of tea and have a chat
- making sure you get all the benefits you’re entitled to so that you don’t unnecessarily have to struggle financially, such as Housing Benefit or Attendance Allowance
- dealing with correspondence and making applications, such as registering with Dial-a-Ride and other services
- speaking to people on your behalf, for example if you need your landlord to carry out an adaptation or repair
- arranging a community alarm, smoke alarm and other security features
- much more!
Everyone’s different and every customer we deal with has their own individual needs. Our service is really flexible which means we can provide you with the support that’s right for you.
Who the service is aimed at
The service is available to Waltham Forest residents registered with a Waltham Forest GP who are admitted to Whipps Cross, Barts and the London hospitals.
For more information contact 0208 520 9856.