Connect helps customers in Rushcliffe, Gedling and Broxtowe to live independently at home.
From time to time people can find living independently at home a bit of a struggle; perhaps you’ve had a bout of illness, or feel anxious about getting out and about, maybe you’re feeling lonely, or money’s a bit tight. If you’re finding it difficult to cope, for whatever reason, our Connect service can help.
As everyone’s different, with their own individual needs, our service is completely flexible. This means we can provide you with the support that’s right for you, and connect you with the most appropriate services to deal with any current issues you might have. This can take the stress out of all kinds of practical issues so you don’t need to worry. The service covers a range of areas, including:
- Improved health and wellbeing – whether it’s physical, emotional or mental
- Maintaining independence – we will support you to find easily accessible, local services or support to help improve your self-confidence and give you more control over your life
- Managing your money – if you’re struggling financially we can support you to manage your money more effectively, for example supporting you to claim for benefits and setting a realistic budget to fit your income and outgoings
- A safe and secure home – whether you own or rent your home we can provide advice and support on anything from repairs and maintenance to home security, from aids and adaptations to looking at your options for moving
- Getting more involved in your community – this is something that can make a real difference to people who may not have friends or family living nearby.
What’s more, the service is free so paying for some dedicated support to help you stay at home is one thing you don’t have to worry about.
How to contact Connect
We offer regular appointments and group activities in Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe. To find out more, or to make an appointment, please call us on 01159 395 406 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the service in Mansfield, Ashfield and Newark & Sherwood, please contact Age UK on 01623 488 217 or email@example.com
To access the service in Bassetlaw, please contact Nottingham Community Housing Association on 01158 443 541.