Lambeth FACE helps tenants in Lambeth who could do with a bit of extra financial advice.
Our free, fun and informal workshops equip you with you with the knowledge and skills you need to manage your finances and take control of your future, including:
- making sense of Universal Credit
- support to deal with any debts
- working out what benefits you might be entitled to
- finding work, volunteering, apprenticeships and training
- coming up with an action plan for managing your money
- survival money management skills so you keep on top of things
- ways to make sure your spending fits your income.
Last year we helped 430 tenants to manage or reduce over £450,000 of debt and rent arrears.
What we offer
We run two workshops:
- Planning your journey – a relaxed, fun and informal session covering all you need to know about benefits and money management.
- New Direction – specifically tailored for people who have recently found a job to ensure the transition into work is successful.
All attendees receive a shopping voucher worth up to £40 (depending on which workshop they attend). We also provide lunch and cover your travel expenses up to £5.
Find out more
To find out more, including dates of upcoming workshops, text 07738 738 685, call 020 3535 4032 or email us.
Become a Money Mentor
We’re looking for volunteer Money Mentors to help give money advice to Lambeth residents.
If you’d like to help others in your community, we’ll give you all the training you need.
Our three month structured volunteering programme will equip you with the experience, specialist training and certification to help other Lambeth residents with their personal finances. You’ll need to be able to commit at least one hour a week.
For more information about becoming a Money Mentor call: Kazadi on 07738 714 114 or 020 3535 3927 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.