Feedback and complaints

We value feedback because it helps us to improve the services we provide.

If you aren’t happy with the service we’ve provided, or if you have any suggestions about how we could do things better, we want to hear from you. Likewise, if you feel there’s something we’re doing well, we’d like your feedback too.

Have your say

At MVTH, we are keen to deliver the best possible service to our customers.  To help us, we are working with a market research company called IFF Research, who are an independent market research agency with over 55 years’ experience of helping the public, private and voluntary sector make better decisions. Most importantly, they specialise in helping social housing providers collect actionable and robust customer insight to provide the best possible experience to our residents.

IFF may contact you to find out what you think of us. They will ask questions about how you think we are doing as a landlord or about the services we provide you. If you get a call, it will be from the number 0800 077 3572.

Taking part in a survey is completely voluntary, and we do encourage you to give us your feedback so that we can use the results to improve the services we provide. In accordance with EU legislation for data protection, responses from the survey will not be shared with any other organisation or used for marketing purposes.  The responses are treated in the strictest of confidence and IFF Research is a member of the Market Research Society, so are bound under a strict code of conduct.  If you’d prefer not to take part in a survey, please let us know by emailing us at or calling 020 3535 3535

How to leave feedback or make a complaint

The quickest way is to use our online forms:

You can also:

  • call us on 020 3535 3535
  • email us at
  • write to us at Metropolitan, PO Box 10262, Nottingham NG8 9LE
  • or talk directly to your housing services officer

Making a complaint: what happens next?

We’ll acknowledge your complaint within two working days. An officer will be assigned to your complaint and you will receive a full response within 10 working days.

Taking a complaint further

If you’re not happy with the response you receive, you can escalate your complaint. For more information on our complaints process, please see our Complaints Policy leaflet.

Housing-related complaints

If you’re not happy with our response to a complaint about a housing-related issue such as a repair, you can contact:

Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152
L33 7WQ

Telephone 0300 111 3000 or email

Housing Ombudsman Service online complaint form

Care-related complaints

If you’re not happy with our response to a care-related complaint at a service registered by the Care Quality Commission, please contact the commission directly.

Support-related complaints

If you’re not happy with our response to a complaint about one of our other support services, you can contact your local authority directly.