What’s happening at Clapham Park
5 Benefits of joining the Clapham Park Arts Committee
With all the exciting changes and ventures in the area there’s never been a better time to get involved and shape your community by joining the Clapham Parks Public Arts Committee!
Love Art? We want to hear from you! This is a great time to help your community flourish by sharing your vibrant and artistic vision.
If you’re unsure whether it’s the right step for you, why not check out MTVH’s 5 benefits of joining the committee and how you can inspire others with your art knowledge.
1. Have YOUR voice heard: With the unique ability to see art differently, everyone has an opinion when it comes to art. Being part of the Public Arts Committee allows community members to really get involved, encouraging them to participate in discussions and share knowledge with likeminded people who want to influence and shape their community.
2. Meeting New People: This is a great way for community members to develop influential and inspirational relationships with others who are just as passionate about public art and representing their community.
3. Art Events: Part of joining the art committee opens networking opportunities through influential art events, allowing you to network with others and grow your art knowledge.
4. CV Boost! If you’re seeking employment particularly in the art field having this on your CV can enhance your chances of getting your foot in the door stating this on your CV will definitely help your CV stand out from the crowd.
5. Opportunities: With that said, this is an all-round opportunity giving Clapham Park community members increased access to the arts regardless of skill set. This programme also encourages community members to contribute to a high-quality environment and gain a wealth of experience.
We welcome applications from community members with diverse backgrounds, skill sets and individual perspectives. Apply here.
For more information please contact Kelly Thomas on Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07714 714182.
The Clapham Park Art Committee needs you!
We are currently seeking community members to apply to join the Clapham Park Public Art Committee (CPPAC). The Public Art Committee is an advisory committee that provides expert community-based advice, knowledge and input informing and delivering a public art strategy for Clapham Park. The committee will helps to support, develop and enhance the public realm space.
This is a really unique and exciting opportunity, as a committee member you will be vital in helping to shape and enhancing the community of Clapham Park for years to come. We welcome applications from community members with a diverse background, skill sets and perspectives. We are seeking committee members with not only a knowledge but also a passion and interests in the visual arts.
If you think this is something that you could be interested in then click on the link below and complete the application form.
Deadline for applications is midnight Sunday 2 February 2020
The Maytree Nursery – completed in October 2018 – is open for business in its new home on Kings Avenue. We collaborated with the Maytree team and Lambeth Council to design a modern and innovative resource for local families.
Existing Clapham Park residents have moved into 37 brand new rented homes (completed in September 2018) on Allingham Road, above the Maytree Nursery. Feedback from residents, who are enjoying their new high quality finish and energy efficient homes, has been positive.
This is what Clapham Park residents have been saying about their flats that range from one to four bedrooms:
“Beautiful home – love the kitchen and dining room and the bathroom. I love the blinds that were given.”
Miss R Nkansah
“I’m happy with my new home. It has good space. I love the kitchen and bathroom. I also love the balcony.”
Miss M Marote
“Spacious. Ensuite is great. Location is good. Love the view from the balcony.”
We’ve completed the refurbishment of Kintyre Court on New Park Road. This was the last block modernised as part of the extensive refurbishment programme.
By the end of 2019 164 new homes on the west side of Kings Avenue will be completed. These were originally intended to be sold on the open market, however 132 have been bought by ReSI to be sold as shared ownership homes. This is a welcome addition to the affordable homes available at Clapham Park.
Read more about market sale homes
Find out more about shared ownership homes
Clapham Park Cube
Your new Community Centre, which is located on the corner of Kings Avenue and Atkins Road, is now open!
Developed with input from residents, it is significantly larger than the old one to ensure it meets the local community’s needs now and in the future.
The new centre, designed to be a fully accessible and inclusive space the community, has an enclosed garden, commercial kitchen, double height sports hall, training and meeting rooms
It will host a range of new activities for all ages including all the activities that previously took place at the old Community Resource Centre. Also on offer are some exciting new activities including boxing yoga, tutoring sessions for young people, the Over 50’s Club and so much more. All sessions funded by MTVH and are free for the community to enjoy.