Cambridgeshire Mental Health Floating Support
This county-wide service provides housing-related support to adults with long term mental health needs. Support is provided in the home and covers a range of areas, depending on each customer’s circumstances and needs, including:
- health and wellbeing
- budget and debt advice
- benefits and welfare rights, including help with forms and appeals
- developing domestic and life skills
- support accessing community services
- setting up and maintaining a tenancy
- confidence building
- managing finances
- other issues which help customers maintain their independence.
Up to five hours of support per week is provided, although most customers take on average two to three hours per week. The amount of weekly contact tends to reduce over time as customers gain confidence and the skills to manage independently. Our strengths approach empowers customers to take the lead in their own personal package of support.
For more information about how to make the following adaptations, click the links to the BBC Accessibility site below:
© Metropolitan 2015. All rights reserved.