Include, Floating Support, Nottingham City
The ’Include’ floating support service, run jointly by Metropolitan and Nottingham Community Housing Association, provides housing-related support for people over the age of 16 (tenants and homeowners) living in Nottingham City who have mild to moderate learning disabilities, including autism and Asperger’s syndrome. On average support is provided for up to two years and covers a range of advice and help, including:
- applying for a home and maintaining a tenancy
- setting up and furnishing a home
- home security
- benefit claims and budgetting
- developing independent living skills
- identifying education, training and employment opportunities
- developing and maintaining social networks
- accessing relevant health services.
Although core hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, there is flexibility, depending on customers’ circumstances. An emergency on-call service can also be accessed if needed in the evenings and at weekends, providing advice and support.