Include, floating support, Nottingham City
The ‘Include’ floating support service provides housing-related support for people over the age of 16 (tenants and homeowners) living in Nottingham City who have mild to moderate learning disabilities, including autism and Asperger’s syndrome. People can have support for up to 18 months and it covers a range of advice and help, including:
- Applying for a home and maintaining a tenancy
- Setting up and furnishing a home
- Home security
- Benefit claims and budgetting
- Developing independent living skills
- Identifying education, training and employment opportunities
- Developing and maintaining social networks
- Accessing relevant health services.
Although core hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, there is flexibility, depending on customers’ circumstances and all support is tailored to suit the individual’s needs and wishes.
For more information about how to make the following adaptations, click the links to the BBC Accessibility site below:
© Metropolitan 2015. All rights reserved.