redwelly have been busy as bees 28/05/2012
redwelly is our highly successful ‘garden make-over’ business that operates in the East Midlands. As well as carrying out garden maintenance, they provide work placements and, working with local people, transform underused areas into community gardens and valuable outdoor areas.
Here’s what the team at redwelly have been up to recently:
- At Langley Mill Infant School, Derbyshire, they have been working on an on-going project to re-landscape the playing field by creating new pathways, a willow tunnel and drainage improvement
- On Portland Street, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, the team worked hard to create a paved courtyard, install raised beds and make wheelchair access to a new greenhouse and garden area.
- In Green Lane, Belper, Derbyshire, redwelly worked closely with the residents to create a decked garden area with seating, garden lighting and raised planters for the residents to grow their own salads and vegetables. New fencing and gates have created a peaceful and private garden for residents and their guests.
- At Butlers Hill Children’s Centre, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire, the team joined forces with local Rolls Royce staff to transform the outside areas. Over three days they created a sensory walkway, a pond and bog garden and also started an orchard and raised bed growing spaces. They even managed to fit in time to have a general tidy up of the grounds.
- At Moorlands, South London. This is the first venture for redwelly to London but hopefully not the last. The team have worked with local residents, Lambeth Council and Metropolitan staff in London to transform a courtyard area. Battling with the elements they have added pergolas, new seating and many new plants which were grown in the redwelly polytunnels. Local residents have been keeping the team going with supplies of tea and cake.
The redwelly service is closing. If you are a customer or partner of redwelly or have any questions about the closure, please contact Lesley Watson, Community Engagement Manager on 020 3535 3354.