The Clapham Park area covers 150 acres on a site between Brixton, Streatham, Balham and Clapham, in the London Borough of Lambeth. Here’s a brief overview of the Clapham Park we see today:
- Approximately 7,100 people live within the area.
- There are 1,983 homes
- 1,523 are tenanted
- 460 are owned by leaseholders
- ASB has reduced considerably since 2006, thanks to the efforts of the community and their partners.
- Busy roads divide the estate and isolate one part of the community from another
- There is a lack of space for physical activity, with few sports or play facilities
- Resident surveys have confirmed that many of the homes suffer from:
- Substandard heating
- Lack of thermal insulation and sound separation between dwellings.
- Old kitchens and bathrooms
- Electrical wiring that needs replacing