Volunteering is a great way for you to build skills and confidence and can be a real stepping stone towards getting paid employment.
Some of the benefits of volunteering with us include the opportunity to:
- build confidence and meet new people
- learn new skills and gain valuable work experience
- use your skills and expertise to make a difference to the lives of other people.
We value the time of people who volunteer with us and provide support to help each make the best possible use of their skills. If you are successful in applying for a voluntary placement, you will be provided with a reference that confirms the activities you have taken part in. We will also reimburse your out-of-pocket expenses.
You can volunteer whether or not you’re:
- in independent accommodation or supported housing or receive floating support
- in employment, at college, receiving benefits or retired
- a UK national, resident, refugee or asylum seeker.
If you become a volunteer, you decide what to do, where to go and how much time to give.