Domestic violence and women’s services
Domestic violence is still largely a hidden crime; those who have experienced abuse from a partner or ex-partner will often try to keep it from families, friends and others. Breaking the chain is a job for everyone and we all have a vital role to play in supporting victims and helping law-enforcement and other agencies to reduce violent and controlling behaviour.
We are an established specialist provider of support and advice services to women escaping from domestic violence and women who are homeless for other reasons. We have experience of providing emergency short-stay accommodation and resettlement outreach services to single women and their children, and we are affiliated to National Women’s Aid (WAFE).
- specialist women’s refuges, providing a short-stay safe house with 24-hour support and advice
- supported move-on accommodation, providing interim support for up to 18 months to enable women to develop and establish suitable long-term arrangements
- resettlement support and practical assistance to enable women moving on from a refuge to resettle into a new setting
- Specialist services for Black and Minority Ethnic women
- outreach services for women dealing with domestic violence who choose to remain in the community or in their own home and for those who cannot access refuge accommodation due to their personal circumstances
- floating support services for women at risk of, or experiencing, domestic violence and specialist support for women living with mental ill health.
For more information about these services, please contact us.