Green Routes is a community horticultural centre and market garden located in Finsbury Park. It is a flagship project for Metropolitan, offering a range of activities and opportunities for both local people and those from the wider London area.
- growing and selling plants, herbs and vegetables
- refurbishing and selling affordable recycled PCs and laptops
- horticultural therapy, including teaching adults living with mental ill health how to grow plants and vegetables
- volunteering and supporting people to get back into work
- training in grounds maintenance
- tailored horticultural training for individuals and community groups
The Green Routes site is located just inside Finsbury Park, by the Manor House entrance (turn right when you enter the park and you’ll find us right there). It is a little green oasis in a very busy part of London, where Green Lanes (A105) and Seven Sisters Road (A503) meet, which also offers an effective alternative to day care for people using mental health services in Haringey and surrounding areas.
We also train volunteers to get experience with our grounds maintenance contractor, Pinnacle, giving them the opportunity to learn new skills and become employable in the future.
For more information about the work we do at Green Routes, please contact the team on 020 3535 4700 or come and visit us in Finsbury Park (near Manor House gate entrance).